IRAN VISA DETAILS
According to the regulations of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a Tourist visa is issued for foreign nationals who are interested to travel to Iran individually or with a group for the purpose of visiting Iran, or their friends and relatives. This visa is issued for a maximum stay of 30 days with option of Extensions in Iran. The visa remains valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue.
Depending to your nationality and the consulate which you refer, it is possible to submit your documents and receive a visa after some days without any reference from Iran. But it can be a time-consuming or even fruitless attempt, especially when you are applying out of your country. Most consulates need an authorization letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran. Getting this authorization is the most important step in visa application and there is not much left when you have it. You ill usually have your visa in 3 days, after having the visa code.
Things that you should know before applying for visa:
- Persons who may have dual nationality should announce their nationality based on the travel documents/passport that they wish to carry.
- In case nationality printed on visa is incompatible with nationality printed on passport, visa will be null and void.
- An applicant may not be granted visa unless his/her passport is valid for at least six months.
- Please make sure the photo you wish to upload meets all the requirements.
- Please make sure the passport copy you wish to upload meets all the requirements.
Based on mutual agreement within the framework of international rules and regulations, citizens of some countries are exempt from applying for a visa to enter Iran. They include the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Georgia, Armenia, Venezuela, Egypt and Malaysia. Citizens of these countries are required to fill in the relevant form at entry points upon arrival in Iran.